I have not yet had a chance to but and read this booklet yet but have heard good things about it years. So I was very happy to find and be able to listen to these two audios from Fee on the topic. Here is a review of the booklet from Amazon.com, then some biographical info on Mr. Fee and the click-able links to the two audios below.
“This is a tremendous little book. Gordon Fee is a world-class New Testament scholar and a Pentecostal. He discusses the “theology” of the health and wealth teachers and preachers and how they take Scripture out of context. With all the imbalances and biblical distortions going on in the Pentecostal/charismatic scene today, Dr. Fee’s book is refreshing and much-needed. Don’t miss this one!”
Gordon D. Fee (b. 1934) is a New Testament scholar and Professor Emeritus at Regent College in Vancouver, Canada. He received BA and MA degrees from Seattle Pacific University and was ordained in the Assemblies of God church in 1959. Fee earned his doctorate from the University of Southern California in 1966.
- Paul, the Spirit, and the People of God. ISBN 1565631706. Hendrickson, 1996.
- How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth (co-authored with Douglas K. Stuart) ISBN 0310246040. 3rd Ed. Zondervan, 2003.
- New Testament Exegesis : A Handbook for Students and Pastors. ISBN 0664233635. 4th Ed. Westminster John Knox Press, 2009.
- How to Read the Bible Book by Book. ISBN 0310211182. Zondervan, 2002.
- 1 and 2 Timothy, Titus, New Intl. Biblical Commentary, with W. Ward Gasque ISBN 0943575109
- New International Commentary on the New Testament (editor)
- First Epistle to the Corinthians, New International Commentary on the New Testament ISBN 0802825117
- Paul’s Letter to the Philippians, New International Commentary on the New Testament. ISBN 0802825117. Eerdmans, 1995.
- Philippians, IVP New Testament Commentary ISBN 0830818111
- The act of Bible Reading : A Multidisciplinary Approach to Biblical Interpretation (co-authored with Eugene Peterson, J. I. Packer, Craig M. Gay & James Houston) ISBN 0830816232
- Discovering Biblical Equality : Complementarily without Hierarchy (co-editor) ISBN 0830828346
- God’s Empowering Presence: The Holy Spirit in the Letters of Paul ISBN 094357594X. Hendrickson Publishers, 1994.
Richard Hays writes, ‘Fee’s book is the most comprehensive treatment available of Paul’s understanding of the Holy Spirit, a topic that has rarely received sufficient attention in studies of Pauline theology… Fee emphasizes insistently that the Holy Spirit must be experienced as a living presence within the church. That message is both faithful to Paul and urgent for the community of faith in our time.’ – Listening to the Spirit in the Text ISBN 0802847579 – Getting the Word Across: Speech Communication for Pastors and Lay Leaders (co-authored with G. Robert Jacks) ISBN 080284152X – Studies in the Theory and Method of New Testament Textual Criticism ISBN 0802824307 – Power, Holiness, and Evangelism Rediscovering God’s Purity, Power, and Passion for the Lost ISBN 1560433450 – Gospel & Spirit ISBN 0943575788 – To What End Exegesis – Essays ISBN 0802849253 – The Disease of the Health and Wealth Gospels. ISBN 1573830666. Regent College Publishing, 1985.